St Patrick’s College Wellington Foundation – what it does for the College and its community
Established in 2009 the Foundation is the organisation to promote philanthropy and the re-connection of its Old Boys and families for the betterment of the College’s education and facility programmes. St Patrick’s College opened in 1885 only through the generosity of those donors throughout New Zealand determined to have their first Catholic boy’s college. That philanthropy provided the foundation of catholic education for successive generations of young men for the past 132 years. It is from all of its past generations of Patricians and families that the St Patrick’s College Foundation seeks support to continue its work of supporting education today at St Pat’s.
Governed by a Board of Trustees including representatives from the College’s proprietor, BOT, Old Boys and the College’s Rector to ensure financial support is strategically used.
Managed by the College’s Development Manager.
Financially supports the College via grants to the College’s Board of Proprietors for property projects and to the College’s Board of Trustees for education resources and property projects.
Philanthropic support shown by our Old Boys, families both past and present and of course the friends of the College has reflected the sense of community that being a part of St Pat’s College engenders.
The office of the Development Manager is located at the College to ensure continuity and reports directly to the Colleges’ Board of Proprietors and Rector.